Here are some tips on how to speed up your computer and get it up and running quickly. You can boost your system’s performance by doing the following:
1. You must right-click on the desktop every time you use an application to refresh your computer. Cleaning the RAM and improving performance are two benefits of refreshing the system.
2. Wallpapers with huge file sizes are not recommended. Using a huge file size image as a background will slow down RAM performance.
3. Make shortcuts on your desktop but don’t use them. You can use up to 500 bytes of RAM with a desktop shortcut.
4. At least once a day, empty the Recycle Bin. The data you erased will stay on your hard disk unless you empty the Recycle Bin. You can delete files that are likely to be erased without going to the Recycle Bin by pressing Shift + Delete.\
5. Internet temporary files must be deleted on a regular basis.
6. Defragmenting should be done every 7 days or so. Defragmenting your hard drive frees up space and reorganizes data to make your computer function faster.
7. Your computer should have at least two partitions. When running large-file-size applications like 3DS Max, you don’t use the Windows drive; instead, you use the second partition. Your computer will slow down if you run out of free space on a Windows partition.
8. After starting a software application, do not use Tray Icons. Your computer will use more RAM and run slower if you use these tray icons.
9. Software should not be activated automatically when the machine is turned on. Go to the Startup Tab, select all of your computer/laptop brand names except the mouse, and then click OK (point four).
(Note: If your laptop is a Lenovo, do not uncheck the “Lenovo” option; it is required for proper operation.) You won’t be able to utilize the Internet or Bluetooth unless you use the Fn + F1 => F9 buttons if you’ve marked and disabled it.)